Raptor Watch is all about the forest, raptors, sea, mangroves and the ecosystem. Every year, be assured of the hot sun, the lush green scenery of the forest, the vast blue sea and the fine white sand.
If you miss the event last year, fret not! Block your calendars for Raptor Watch 2018 which will be held on 10 -11 March 2018 (Saturday & Sunday). We would like to share with you some common activities of Raptor Watch to prepare you way in advance! See you in March!
1) Spot our stars of the event – the raptors! All you got to do is look up the sky once in a while and learn how to identify them. Do enjoy their stunning aerial display on a sunny day!
2) Take a walk with our knowledgeable nature guides to learn and discover the beautiful Tanjung Tuan rainforest and why MNS has been at the forefront to protect this last remaining coastal rainforest in West of Peninsular Malaysia.
3) Feeling adventurous? If yes, then you are up for some fun games! Bring out the kid in you, or better still, get your kids involved and win some cool prizes in the process!
4) And if you are not running, take a slow and relaxing walk while you enjoy the greenery around you. And how about taking loads of selfie shots in the midst of lush greenery? Post them up on OR and do tag us at @malaysiannaturesociety!
5) Fancy getting your face painted like a raptor? Do some fun art activities at our Arts and Craft booth, and that includes painting parts of yourself, all in the fun of celebrating nature!
6) Learn how you can be a part of our conservation efforts by speaking to any one of our dedicated volunteers on that day. Get on the green bandwagon and come fly with us!